My latest project is red, red, red - red spots, red paisley, red polka dots, red florals, and even the Aurifil quilting thread is red! I wanted this project to have a bit more structure, so I layered a very thin layer of polyester wadding onto a piece of fast-to-fuse. My Bernina 230PE quilted through the layers with no problems at all. This quilt-as-you-g method meant I could use all my red scraps...
...some red vintage buttons were stitched to one of the patchwork squares for decoration, and I used lots of spotted fabrics for the lining and the pocket panel. I added a clip for my keys. A button magnet is stitched to the facing so the bag can be secured. The facing was slip stitched to the lining by hand, and I added one of my labels too. Scrappy handles completed the look that I wanted...
...and here is the finished tote bag. The pattern is "Perfect Quilted Tote" by Elizabeth Hartman, and is available from her online store (there is a link on her website). This is really roomy, and will hold lots of shopping!
Hi - welcome to my quilting blog! My passions are my family, my dog, my friends and sewing, not necessarily in that order!
Blogs I follow
These are the UK shops that I use to purchase my quilting supplies - fabrics and threads etc.