Well I'm making good progress on the "Lattice Top" quilt! This is a quilt that I started several years ago and was part of the "Stash Pot Pie" scheme that involved using up fabrics that were lurking in your stash. Well I managed to piece the star blocks together yesterday and then I had the mammoth task of sorting through the pieces that had already been cut out for the 9-patch blocks. It was a bit like sorting out a jig-saw puzzle!.....
...once all the 9-patch blocks were sorted into piles ready for chain-piecing I was ready to go! I have used a grey Mettler thread for the piecing as this seems to blend with whatever colour fabrics I'm using. Oh my goodness there was SO much chain-piecing too...
.....well all that chain-piecing was very worthwhile, and the remaining blocks were quickly pieced together. I used a variety of white and cream tone-on-tone prints for the background, and really like the subtle scrappy effect.....
...well as you could see from the first picture, the blocks were all completed and I spent the afternoon sewing the rows together. This pattern uses a 5x7 layout. The next stage is the twisted ribbon border, but that will have to wait until the weekend! This is the first time that I've spend a few hours at the sewing machine since my surgery, and it's been absolutely exhausting - I'm off to bed!!
Blogs I follow
These are the UK shops that I use to purchase my quilting supplies - fabrics and threads etc.