I've spent this afternoon in my sewing corner with my Fernhill quilt (pattern by Lynette Anderson Designs). Several narrow bias strips were pieced together to make a vine that curls around the inner border of my Fernhill quilt. The vine was held in place with a few spots of Roxanne's basting glue, then hand stitched into place with Aurifil 80wt thread and a Clover Black Gold applique needle. Once the vine was secure, the Suffolk Puff flowers that I'd made a few days ago were also hand appliqued into place, and finally a few leaves and a couple of bees were hand embroidered, using Weeks Dye Works embroidery threads. This is the first project that I've made using these threads, and I really love the subtle variegation of them. These gorgeous fabrics were in the kit that I'd bought from Cross Patch. Julia has put a super kit together. These fabrics are absolutely gorgeous.
Hi - welcome to my quilting blog! My passions are my family, my dog, my friends and sewing, not necessarily in that order!
Blogs I follow
These are the UK shops that I use to purchase my quilting supplies - fabrics and threads etc.