Christmas fun is finally finished! This was machine quilted with Aurifil 40wt thread, and I used my Bernina 230PE and the free motion foot as I haven't been brave enough to try out the BSR on my new Bernina yet - anyway, I am quite pleased with how this looks, and as it's quite a small quilt - 23" x 32" it really didn't take very long to finish. The quilting is really very simple, firstly stitch in the ditch around all the blocks, and free motion quilted around all the applique shapes, followed by a very simple stipple - nothing too fancy - I really must practise more of the skills I learnt on the courses with Philippa Naylor!! I couldn't decide where to put the label on the back, then decided to applique it bang in the middle - I really love stitching my labels to match the quilt...
...and here it is, swaying gently in the breeze. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one hanging on my wall at Christmas time. The pattern and hand painted wooden buttons were bought online from Patchwork Chicks here in the UK - and I used a selection of Lynette's festive fabrics from my stash. Now on to my next project - and that's another festive one too, using some very special fabrics that Lynette sent me a few weeks ago.
Hi - welcome to my quilting blog! My passions are my family, my dog, my friends and sewing, not necessarily in that order!
Blogs I follow
These are the UK shops that I use to purchase my quilting supplies - fabrics and threads etc.