On Tuesday evening when I was at a local sewing group, Busybee Stitching, I had my first attempt at foundation piecing. This was a sample block for a mystery button club quilt by Lynette Anderson Designs, and rather use Lynette's fabrics for the sample, I decided to use some scraps of batiks (I love batiks and haven't used any for simply ages!). I printed the foundation pieced templates onto a sheet of Sulky Paper Solvy rather than use the actual pattern, and I was really pleased with the results, mainly due to the expert tuition of Gillian! I was so pleased with the results that I decided to use this small block in another project...
...a few more batik scraps of batiks, some wadding and thread, and I was able to make a very simple journal cover. This is based on a tutorial by Roslyn Mirrington and is really very easy to piece together. You can adapt the pattern to make whatever size you need. I made the cover a bit wider so when the journal is closed the tabs on the page dividers are covered. This was just an A5 sized Pukka Pad spiral bound notebook, bought from my local supermarket...
...I think this proves that Lynette's designs are so good that they look great whatever fabrics are used! This notebook will be really useful to take with me when I'm off on my travels to Yorkshire for my annual visit to Philippa Naylor in a few months time! i'm always jotting down useful tips from Philippa and this will be the perfect notebook to use!
Hi - welcome to my quilting blog! My passions are my family, my dog, my friends and sewing, not necessarily in that order!
Blogs I follow
These are the UK shops that I use to purchase my quilting supplies - fabrics and threads etc.