A few months ago I made a small bag to keep my essential bits and bobs in at work, using a piece of this "Nifty Nurse" panel by Loralie Designs. Yesterday I decided to make a smaller pouch for my two daughters, for a first aid kit - and teamed this panel with some red and white fabrics and some lace trimming. The front panel was quilted very simply in straight rows about 0.5" apart, using white Mettler quilting thread, and some cotton batting that I had leftover from other projects. I added some red lace trimming too...
...I added a label to the side seam, and a bright red zipper to match the lace. This was based on the pattern "Anna's Sminkepung" by the Norwegian designer AnnAKa. As you can see, this looks ideal as a first-aid kit, and I've filled it with a few essentials from the medicine cabinet - paracetamol, plasters and throat lozenges. Alice was really pleased with this today when Mr F and me went to see her at uni, and now I need to make one for Beth.